The New Women Veterans Leadership Program
Women veterans, similar to non-veteran women, face systemic challenges with communication, loss of identity, confidence and self care, all of which make their journey to leadership roles more difficult.
Additionally, women veterans struggle to find belonging and connectedness in the civilian world, further isolating them from the networks and support that are critical to their success as leaders.
The result is women veterans lacking access to the skill-building opportunities they need to make it to and succeed in leadership positions when compared to their male peers.
We think it’s time to level that playing field.
The Mission Continues’ Women Veterans Leadership Program is a first-of-its-kind personal and professional development experience for women veterans ready to unlock their potential as leaders.
The program changes the narrative on what it means to be a woman veteran by leveraging their leadership skills and authentic selves to become change-makers, all while enhancing their personal and professional networks.
By the end of the program, participants will have made lasting connections with other women veterans and will feel empowered to join a movement pursuing equality for all women.
This program is:
- Five month commitment including three in-person sessions
- Virtual learning curriculum that can be completed at home
- Leadership skills training provided by our qualified staff
- Networking with a nationwide support system of like-minded women
- Free-of-cost for participants
Who We’re Looking For:
You are a self-identifying woman with military service under your belt, motivated to become a leader, and ready to take on a new challenge. This program is by application only.
- Self-identify as a woman
- Are U.S. Military Veterans, Guard, or Reservists
- Must reside in one of the 56 cities we serve
- Will be selected based on their ability to work in a team and a desire for serving a non-veteran community.
- May not be current or upcoming Platoon Leaders, due to the time commitment required for successful completion.
Ready to join the movement? Applications are NOW OPEN!