Fellowship Program To Welcome Reserve and National Guard
August 7, 2017
The Mission Continues Fellowship Program is launching a new pilot initiative this January, welcoming serving members of the Reserves and National Guard to the ranks. Eligibility for the fellowship program has previously been limited to retired and separated veterans of the United States Military. Recognizing the potential for the fellowship to support and empower current service members in the Guard and Reserve, the fellowship program will accept applications from qualified applicants for our Alpha 2018 Fellowship Class. The application for this class is now open.
Apply For A Fellowship
Start your application today. The application deadline for our next fellowship class is October 17, 2017.
About The Mission Continues Fellowship Program
The Mission Continues Fellowship Program empowers veteran volunteers to address critical challenges in their community through individualized, six-month commitments with host nonprofit organizations. Fellows volunteer with their host organization for 20 hours a week for six months while also completing a professional development curriculum with The Mission Continues.
Fellows share their stories of service at our most recent fellowship orientation in July 2017.
In return for their service, Fellow receive a monthly cost of living stipend, one-on-one mentorship from Mission Continues staff and access to a national network of veteran leaders. Since the organization’s founding in 2007, over 2,000 veterans have been awarded Mission Continues Fellowships at more than 1,700 nonprofit organizations including the American Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity, and Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Fellowship Program Eligibility
- Fellows must have served in the United States Military after September 11, 2001, including a minimum of 24 months of active duty time, unless serious injury was sustained preventing further service.
- Fellows may currently serve in the National Guard or Reserves in the United States Military, however Fellows may no longer be serving on Active Duty. For Fellows no longer in military service, honorable status is required.
- A clean criminal record (individual circumstances may be discussed case-by-case).
- Residency in one of the these major metro areas with ongoing Mission Continues.
Please contact Caitlin Zbikowski, Fellowship Admissions Manager.
Resources and Links
- Guard & Reserve Application | Completing the online application is the first step to become a Fellow.
- The Mission Continues Website | Your primary resource for more information about The Mission Continues, the fellowship program, and more.
- Fellowship Opportunity Portal | Your primary resource for finding a fellowship host organization.
- Tips For Finding a Host Site | From time management to identifying your fellowship goals, finding the right host organization can be a challenge. These tips, the host opportunity portal, and our staff are here to help.