Alpha Class 2018
The fellow will be helping in the construction of the next 5 homes in our 28 lot Habitat neighborhood, Hannah Springs alongside volunteers.
1. Hang interior doors and run interior baseboard
2. Install siding and windows
3. Frame wall panels
4. Organize materials and prep tools for build days
5. Help with all clean-up and warehouse organization
- Experience working in carpentry
- A background check is required
- Must be available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- Ability to read a tape measure and compute measurements
- Ability to drive a box truck
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Will be on their feet all day
The fellow will be directly involved in providing affordable housing for our five partner families receiving the homes by helping to do the carpentry and construction work. In addition, the fellow will be interacting with staff, our partner families, other volunteers and donors that will encourage and inspire them to further invest and contribute to their communities by seeing the fellow selflessly giving their time to serve.