Come join Houston's 2nd Platoon at Beauty's Community Garden! This a great family friendly event. A Mission Continues shirt, gloves, and a tasty lunch will be provided for all volunteers. See you there!
1. Paint rail container with design a. Rearrange content in rail container
2. Design, build and paint wooden garden sign with Beauty’s Community Garden on it. Maybe 4 x 6 but will confirm. Design can be our logo.
3. Build (2) park benches and table for sitting area a. Build archway wire trellis over sitting area for growing climbing veggies
4. New Concept (will be led by Sam Nuckols, garden volunteer) a. Build log beds on lot adjacent to garden
5. Plant 2-3 Citrus trees
6. Lay out plywood in common areas of garden and over top with mulch for weed control
7. Beautify outside of fence line on 32nd side of garden with herbs and small blooming plants or shrubs.
What To Wear :
TMC shit and clothes to get dirty in
What To Bring :
Sunscreen, hats, or sunglasses
On surrounding streets
Inclement Weather Plan :
Rain or Shine
Certain host organizations, such as schools, may prohibit volunteers with certain types of criminal convictions from participating in a service project. Accordingly, The Mission Continues is requesting your consent to conduct a criminal background check in the event that your Platoon is engaging in a service project with a host organization that requires a criminal background check. By checking the box below, you authorize The Mission Continues to conduct a criminal background check.
If such a background check is required, it will be completed and used in accordance with applicable law. The Mission Continues does not automatically disqualify persons from Platoons based on criminal convictions. We want as many people as possible to have the opportunity to move forward in their lives through service, at the same time that we seek to protect the communities we serve together.