Come join Houston's 2nd Platoon at Beauty's Community Garden! This a great family friendly event. A Mission Continues shirt, gloves, and a tasty lunch will be provided for all volunteers. See you there!
1. Paint rail container with design a. Rearrange content in rail container
2. Design, build and paint wooden garden sign with Beauty’s Community Garden on it. Maybe 4 x 6 but will confirm. Design can be our logo.
3. Build (2) park benches and table for sitting area a. Build archway wire trellis over sitting area for growing climbing veggies
4. New Concept (will be led by Sam Nuckols, garden volunteer) a. Build log beds on lot adjacent to garden
5. Plant 2-3 Citrus trees
6. Lay out plywood in common areas of garden and over top with mulch for weed control
7. Beautify outside of fence line on 32nd side of garden with herbs and small blooming plants or shrubs.