Host a Fellow at Your Nonprofit Organization
Through the Fellowship Program, post-9/11 veterans have the opportunity to continue service to their nation by leading in their communities. We challenge our Fellows to use the skills and leadership gained through their military service to benefit the lives of those in the community around them. We seek to enrich the lives of our Fellows through service, help to facilitate their transition to civilian life, and place these outstanding role models where community members may benefit from their strength and example.
As a host organization, your responsibilities include:
- Provide the opportunity for the Fellow to serve 20 hours a week for 26 weeks.
- Provide each Fellow with the opportunity to make a positive difference in their community through their service. The Fellow will work with you to set quantitative goals for their work and develop a clear plan of action for how they will improve their community.
- Have confirmed 501(c)(3) tax exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service or be a federal/state governmental agency.
The Fellow will serve as a volunteer for your organization during that time and will receive additional resources from The Mission Continues to ensure their personal and professional success. This includes a cost of living stipend to offset their expenses plus substantial guidance and mentorship to ensure their strong impact in your community.
Praise for Mission Continues Fellows from Host Organizations:
- "Our Mission Fellow brought a wealth of knowledge and experience because of her background and education."
- "He was a self-motivated team player who helped both customers and our employees feel valuable and make them realize that they are making a difference; he increased morale."
- "He had a very positive impact on the children in our community centers. He became their friend as well as teacher, and they really enjoyed working with him."
- "His incredible capacity to lead - and motivate others - spurred that same behavior in our newer staff and interns; at the same time, his representation of himself as a Fellow and of their organization helped us build on existing partnerships."
Download the Fellowship Host Organization Application
Over 250 nonprofit organizations have hosted a Mission Continues Fellow. Inspire continued service in your community. Apply Now